Woman and dog narrowly escape hell after car’s CD player catches fire

0

A woman and her dog narrowly escaped burns when their car caught fire.

The Ford Focus was engulfed in flames on Rodden Road, Frome, shortly after 6pm last night (July 6).

The occupants, a woman and her dog, were able to escape from the vehicle before it turned into a blaze.

The article continues below the ad

Shortly after the flames took hold, the car was seen backing onto the road into the lane of on-going traffic before hitting a fence near Roddenbury Close.

Credit: Lloyd Stocker

Wiltshire 999s figure all hell was caused by the vehicle’s CD player fire.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Services confirmed they were called to the scene at 6.18pm.

Frome firefighters attended the scene and “used breathing apparatus and hose reel to extinguish the fire affecting a Ford Focus”.

They said the car was “severely damaged” by the flames, but ruled the cause accidental.

Share.

Comments are closed.