Rs 5million deal implicated in Jarkiholi CD affair, claims former Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy

0


Former Karnataka Chief Minister and JDS HD Head Kumaraswamy made an explosive statement claiming that there was a 5 crore rupee deal involved in the alleged sex-for-work scam in which former Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi has been taken.

L: Former Karnataka Chief Minister and JDS HD Leader Kumaraswamy | A: The former minister of the government of Karnataka led by Yediyurappa, Ramesh Jarkiholi.

Former Karnataka Chief Minister and JDS HD Head Kumaraswamy made an explosive statement claiming that there was a 5 crore rupee deal involved in the alleged sex-for-work scam in which former Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi has been taken.

Karnataka Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi tendered his resignation as Minister of Water Resources Wednesday in the BJP government led by BS Yediyurappa after charges of sexual harassment were brought against him.

The former Minister of Water Resources was involved in controversy after CD allegedly showing him in a compromising position with a woman emerged on Tuesday.

The CD was released to the media by social activist Dinesh Kalahalli, who alleged that the woman in the video clips was seduced by the minister with a government job offer at Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited. The activist said the woman’s family approached him to seek justice last week.

Former Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy has now claimed that there was a Rs 5million deal involved in the CS case.

“In that case [Ramesh Jarkiholi case], [a] The Rs 5 crore deal has been blocked. This is the information [that] I have. Stop the blackmailers first and the government should present information before [the] people [sic]”said Kumaraswamy.

Jarkiholi, in his resignation letter, said the allegations against him were far from the truth.

“… The allegations against me are far from the truth. A clear investigation is needed. I will come out innocent and I am confident of it. I am resigning for moral reasons and I ask you to accept this, ”he said.

Meanwhile, Dinesh Kallahalli, the activist who brought charges against Jarkiholi in the alleged sex-for-work scam, refused to meet with police on Thursday, citing a threat to life.

Speaking to India Today TV, Dinesh Kallahalli said he did not take the opportunity to travel to Bangalore from his home in Kanakapura because he had received threatening calls.

According to him, the threats began shortly after he lodged the complaint with the Bengaluru police commissioner. He also claimed to have noticed that people outside his village were moving near his home.

Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.


Share.

Leave A Reply