1. Bill Shorten was national secretary of which union at the time of the Beaconsfield mining disaster in 2006? (Bonus point for the name of the metal mined in Beaconsfield.)
Australian Workers Union. (Bonus point: Gold.)
2. In Hindu mythology, Hanuman takes the form of which animal?
3. Which Melbourne Vixens player captained the Australian Diamonds for three of four Constellation Cup netball tests last month before undergoing season-ending foot surgery?
4. Which of New York’s five boroughs is the least populated?
5. Autophobia is a fear of being what?
6. The Spanish riding school is located in which European city?
7. In what year was the first CD player
8. What is the largest tendon in the human body?
9. What English comedian, actor, writer and TV personality wrote The midnight gang
10. Prince Philip was born in which country?
This article first appeared in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on April 24, 2021 under the title “What Year Was the First CD Player Released?” “.
A free press is a paid press. In the short term, the economic fallout from the coronavirus has taken about a third of our income. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.