“A passion that has grown out of control”

0

“We wanted to open a store in our hometown, but if the store doesn’t work, we can go back to what we were doing before,” she said. “You have to take a chance and so far business has been good… Our supporters have followed us here.”

Legend

DoublePlay Records & Retro opened in January at 351 S. Main St. The new store is the next step in their business which previously operated at Franklin Flea Market and Peddlers Mall in Lebanon. The store offers vintage vinyl records and various collectibles. CONTRIBUTED RECORDS/DOUBLEPLAY AND RETRO

DoublePlay Records & Retro opened in January at 351 S. Main St. The new store is the next step in their business which previously operated at Franklin Flea Market and Peddlers Mall in Lebanon.  The store offers vintage vinyl records and various collectibles.  CONTRIBUTED RECORDS/DOUBLEPLAY AND RETRO
callout arrowLegend

DoublePlay Records & Retro opened in January at 351 S. Main St. The new store is the next step in their business which previously operated at Franklin Flea Market and Peddlers Mall in Lebanon. The store offers vintage vinyl records and various collectibles. CONTRIBUTED RECORDS/DOUBLEPLAY AND RETRO

Traci Huff said about 90% of the records they sell are vintage classic rock, hard rock, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, and country music. She also said they have albums produced by newer artists.

“A lot of young people prefer vinyl records and older people prefer to listen to albums,” she said. “A lot of people buy little ‘suitcase’ turntables to listen to music.”

Some of the most popular albums purchased are from the Beatles, Van Halen and Fleetwood Mac, she said.

The store, which buys and sells records, also offers retro gifts and various vintage items such as Hot Wheels, glassware, dolls and antique bottles. She said that records make up 80% of inventory and the remaining 20% ​​are collectibles.

“Everyone collects something,” she says.

Traci Huff said the store does not sell turntables or replacement needles or other equipment.

Franklin City Manager Jonathan Westendorf is thrilled to have the new record store on South Main Street amid the proposed downtown revitalization that is in the planning stage. And he added that his two daughters had record players.

“When I look at successful downtown revitalization, features include a record store as well as a distillery or brewery,” he said. “These are landmarks of successful downtown revitalization – creating a place of destination.”

Share.

Comments are closed.